View Single Post
Old 2008-04-13, 12:54   Link #111
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
Possible to fade? Of course it's possible. If it weren't, people like Schneizel and his cohorts wouldn't be as practical as they were. Same for Darlton, and the Student Council.

Suzaku knows it's possible because of the kind Britannians that he's met.
We have no idea of how practical Schneizels cohorts are. And again, pragmatism <> discrimination fading, not does it mean good or evil. As for Darlton and the Student Council, that's 4 out of how many people?? And that's not even counting Nina inside.

Suzaku knows that because of like 6, maybe 7 britainnians he's met that's nice to him, it's possible to change the system? As opposed to the countless others he hasn't met and who aren't that nice? I mean, let's consider that there were about 5 britainnians bullying the hotdog vendor, maybe 2-3 more who scribbled on Suzakus tshirt at school, the other maids who bullied Kallens real mother, Kallens adopted mother, the britainnian yakuza, the britainnian noble who was beating the stuffing out of that little japanese boy who was distributing fliers, most of the people in the inner sanctum of the tower of babel, all the army troops who basically just killed japanese non-discriminately.... Yeah...I have a hard time believe that, as you put it, Suzaku knows its possible. -_- He might THINK its possible, maybe hope it's possible, but knows it? Yeah...kind of a stretch there.

Quote:
But the hope that he has is not the hope he had for joining, but the hope he gained from seeing Britannians like Lelouch and Nunnally are no different from the Japanese.

Mutual understanding destroys discrimination, is probably his line of thinking, and terrorism really puts a damper in mutual understanding. Which is also why Suzaku dislikes Lelouch's "terrorism" as Zero as well as the various terrorist groups around the early episodes.
So does invading other peoples countrys, giving them numbers for names, etc etc etc. Like Vallen said, what Suzaku is doing now is spreading discrimination which somehow conflicts with your ideas about how his true ideal is to prevent discrimination.

And again, like I mentioned before, I doubt he had the hope of changing the system from within when he joined the army. Not going to state it again. It's only a few posts back anyway. One might wonder if the real reason he doesn't like Zero and his OoTBK is because they're messing up his idealized and rationalized vision of himself and showing that basically, he didn't have to kill his father years ago and that the britainnians can be defeated.

Quote:
It has nothing to do with changing the empire. It's a show of mindset.

Suzaku didn't want people to die so he fought Jesus-style to lessen as many deaths as possible he'd cause in the battlefield. And Jesus-style doesn't mean you don't kill anyone, it means you don't kill unless you have no choice but to do so.
Uh...so what's this got to do with his hope or whatever? Or anything?

Quote:
Just like how Lelouch being pragmatic doesn't mean he can actually change the world due to extenuating factors, amirite?

Yes, I know. No one has a secure future in Code Geass concerning their goals.

But what I'm trying to say is that Schneizel is in the best position to effect such change and Suzaku should've understood that by now. If not, I'd slap him if possible.
Technically, Lelouch is not totally pragmatic, or at least not to the extent that I think Schneizel is. I mean, the guy's basically doing all this for his sister, which isn't the most pragmatic thing in the world to do. And he also basically abandons the OoTBK for a shortwhile for his sister. Again, not the most pragmatic thing to do. So it is possible for Lelouch to affect the desire to change the world if only because his idealism at times > his pragmatism and part of the values he's idealistic about is the protection of the weak/equality etc, which means he might be able to bring about equality even if it wasn't pragmatic to do so.

Schneizel? Again, not enough said about his character at times.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote