View Single Post
Old 2010-05-10, 18:56   Link #9853
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_rogue View Post
Furudo Erika was not the detective in EP1-4. Therefore she has neither influence nor identity in those episodes and it's irrelevant who she is.

Furudo Erika is the detective was not explicitly applied to all games and therefore can be assumed to be EP5-only.
Ugh, my brain hurts thinking about all these secret names and stuff.
Heck, I almost used a drunk-driving metaphor O_O

I guess it is possible for Erika to be an existing person on the island, if this only applies to Episode 5.

Still, I find it difficult to believe that Erika is somebody other than Erika.

I mean, isn't Battler supposed to be the only one we can trust?

If Battler was alone with Erika with the gold, I doubt he would go along with the charade (in other words, he wouldn't keep describing her as "Erika").

In Episodes 1-4, the only pieces of information we can trust on the game board are things that were directly witnessed by Battler.

However, since Meta-Battler no longer took place in Episode 5 (he was too busy whining about Beato's game), I suppose that Battler is no longer completely trustable.

If Eva took the role of the "reader" or the "detective" then it would be told from her perspective.
If she viewed herself as Erika, then all instances of Erika doing things would actually be Eva.

Confusing, isn't it.

Edit: Oh yeah, the position of Battler's "detectiveness" is nullified after he lied about seeing Kinzo outside.

Last edited by DaBackpack; 2010-05-10 at 19:07. Reason: Epiphany
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote