Thread: Licensed Kore wa Zombie Desuka?
View Single Post
Old 2011-03-29, 11:32   Link #2037
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The "tired of living" argument doesn't work. He isn't sick of being alive; he is just sick of being forced to live with the choices he made in the past.

If death is all he wanted, he wouldn't have asked to be reincarnated. What he wanted was a blank slate; the blessing of starting his life over. Even if that means becoming a flightless bird catching fish in the ocean.

Keep in mind that all of the major characters in this show are all technically capable of living forever. An indefinite lifespan isn't a curse, but a way of life for them. It's just that if you did something you regret, and you couldn't live with yourself afterwards, you are stuck, It's a self-created hell. Immortality is not the bogeyman here.
That's what I also meant except that I didn't spell it out. lol I said it's subjective, that also implies that everyone has their own reasons for dying (at least in this case), be it something you did wrong or something tremendously bad that happened to you in the past.

You got a point, my focus on immortality being the bogeyman for everything isn't too right. Even so, I'm not sure how much significance that penguine line had, honestly. Of course he didn't say it without any reason but the immortality's consequences themselves still add to the passive torment anyway.

So there's this reason you definitely can't live with. If we assume that he also won't be able to live with it even in the distant future then as long as he lives on through the effects of immortality his situation will most likely worsen. Btw. I really think we shouldn't judge his faultiness of reasoning and tell him to live on and keep suffering as some kind of punishment, we don't even know his reasons to begin with. All we know is that he turned mad after he was revived as a zombie and then killed one of the higher-up devils. Which resulted in being told to disappear (which might be just part of the reason).

Oh and if you really mean that he wants to die because he doesn't have any friends, I beg to differ. He does have friends: Yuu considers herself one, so does Kyoko or at least there's gotta be some kind of relationship between them, and the humans he's interacted with are also being nice to him. Well, if you say that regardless of those people he still thinks he's alone and he can't live with himself, that's another thing (which I agree with).