View Single Post
Old 2012-01-09, 23:05   Link #1998
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Then you just rendered all the inferior houses useless to own.

Why even pay a single gold coin for an unsafe house when you can save up that money to buy a safe home? And then you get to a situation where only one city is worth living in because it is the only safe storage in the game.

There are multiple homes in TES because it offers a CHOICE. There is zero advantage to have your items stolen, it is not fun, and it just boils down to in-game griefing.

And I certainly don't need Griefers in my single-player game. I play single-player for a reason.

You want to be backstabbed, robbed, lied to, and swindled out of everything you own? Play online where people can hack your account and take everything. People who think that is fun can do it there, against real thieves.
You're completely missing the point of a simple potential game feature... but carry on.
It just seems like every obstacle and interference in the game is "griefing" using that criteria O.o When the guard hassles you for cash, that's "griefing", when the merchant overcharges you, that's "griefing", when the dragon swoops in at random when you were trying to do something else... wolf packs attack... bandit ambushes... Astrid grabbing you in the night..

We just happen to be thinking of other ways to add interest and breadth to the game via mod or whatever.

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-01-09 at 23:29.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote