View Single Post
Old 2012-01-19, 00:00   Link #18589
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hospital report is piling up EVEN LARGER! AAAGH!!!

Fic progress of the day:
> Revising the first Gospel battle scene

Normally, pilot will be Knocked out WHEN the absolute defense failed (i.e. breaks), since that means the attack connected to the pilot and the pilot will be injured. The I.S. will be shut down, all system and energy will be used to keep pilot alive. The Pilot's consciousness is put down with the purpose that the pilot didn't felt the pain and recover faster thanks to perfect state of rest. If most essential parts of the I.S. are intact, the I.S. also have a simple but reliable autopilot to bring the pilot back if simple shutdown is deemed dangerous (the enemy is still around).

However, the new ShiroKishi has no such failsafe feature. This is why it features armor comparable to Gospel's, intended to tank what's left from an attack that broke through Absolute defense. The pilot will stay awake during the ordeal and will be able to retreat by him/herself, the autopilot can give support if the pilot is having problem with his/her consciousness or requested to do so.

ByakuShiki emulated this by means of bypassing the defensive protocol due to Ichika's willingness to take all the pain. Advanced AI allowing ByakuShiki to manage it's system and energy more efficiently, despite the damaged state.