View Single Post
Old 2012-10-13, 07:03   Link #232
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
I only have lasers. Are plasma better?

Overwatch miss most of the times. But when it's the CPU it hit most of the times.
I managed to fail with 95% in open field with 1 square in between the target.
Overwatch has accuracy penalty. That is why you need scopes.

And the idea is that you never assume a shot will hit. Always have backups.

That's why I have the configuration in my previous post. Have the Heavy either use explosives, use metal storm or suppress, then have the Snipe take a shot. Then have the Support go into medium range and cover for rifle shots. If they miss or the alien still lives, THEN send in RunNGun Assault with shotguns.

95% shots can and will miss if you shoot often enough.

And I can't stress enough the importance of having a Heavy in your team. Heavies move slow and are bad shoots, but they are your best odds against machine units. I am almost tempted to have 2 heavies, except I wanted two Supports and two Assaults more badly.

p.s. Got Psi-lab. The first three soldiers were all tested positive. I might start training them before going for the downed Overseer.

EDIT:
In truth, I would prefer no shotguns at all and just have both my Assaults with rifles. But their damage would nearly half and thus I won't reliably kill aliens before they kill me. If this game allow 8 or even 10 men squads, I would have 4-5 Assaults with rifles.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2012-10-13 at 07:22.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote