View Single Post
Old 2012-09-05, 12:10   Link #74
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Spoiler for 25: Young Grooms' Tale:
It could be due to their personalities being similar that they managed to get along so well from the get go. It could also be due to how they are each so reserved (Karluk moreso) that they kept on their politeness and tried to be friendly to each other.

Mind you, when they first got married, Amir treated her husband like her younger brother (or her child ...), not like a husband (even Karluk was a little aware of this, see when she got him naked so they'd sleep together ...). When he had gotten sick, it had gotten worse with her being afraid that he might twist a toe from going outside. It wasn't until after the skirmish did she start to see him more like a man (yes, he's 12 and not actually a man, but in this context, he did prove himself) and start to really fall in love with him.

The twins and the brothers on the other hand ... well, aside from their personalities being different from each other, they all seem to lack the same discipline that both Karluk and Amir have in their relationship, not to mention that unlike Karluk who is wiser than his years, all of the four here are childish (well, them and their parents lol).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
I was finally able to volume 1 and it was an instant buy for me. Now I just have to keep searching for 2 and 3. I could order them online of course, but it'd be nice to find them in a bookstore.

And I love the little afterword with the omake and family tree, which is actually pretty helpful. Shame it's only 5 chapters.
The omake are so fun to read. Just like in Emma, they show just how much passion Mori-san puts in her work and how much she really loves these historic settings (the bit about Karluk was a little mean tho haha). I'm looking forward to when vol 4 comes along.

The family tree was really surprisingly helpful. I actually missed the hint about Karluk's Grandmother being of the same clan as Amir before (though in hindsight, ''I got that bow as part of my dowry'' was pretty telling) so seeing it at first got me confused.