View Single Post
Old 2007-09-03, 19:42   Link #52
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Lol. We can depend on Kaioshin to catch any KyoAni-worship that may show up. I thought that what Sheba was saying was that he/she thought it was the best so far, but didn't know if anything better might show up, and just mentioned Clannad as one obvious possibility. Obvious to someone who admires KyoAni, anyway, lol.

I think it's tough to say which anime is the best of a year, since we all like different things. I don't enjoy Gurren-Laggan, but I recognize its excellence. Claymore is another candidate, once again in a genre that isn't my favorite. For me, the top anime of the year is Byousoku 5cm, if movie-length counts. Lucky Star, though, probably comes second. I am a fan of KyoAni and a big fan of Hirano Aya, but I really did not expect this show to be as good as it is.

But nothing this year (except Byousoku) compares for me with the three masterpieces of April 2006: Simoun, NANA, and Suzumiya Haruhi.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.