Thread: World of Tanks
View Single Post
Old 2011-02-23, 04:39   Link #50
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
I've come to the following conclusion about World of Tanks. It's two competing teams of new types arranged in a telepathic hive mind fighting each other in a minovsky particle heavy environment. LOS is extremely limited, even against targets out in the open within your line of sight. However, if anyone on either team spots an enemy, the entire team will know it's exact location and be able to target it.

Whether or not this is the best game mechanic I'm more dubious about.
I think the mechanic was implemented to prevent sniping and artillery from becoming the most dominating element of the game. Sure both are incredibly powerful when done right, but if you had unlimited vision range then all your battles will deteriorate into base-on-base shell lobbing with no more need to maneuver, which frankly isn't really fun. And of course being that you're commanding large multi-ton vehicles hiding in maps where you have large, open spaces would be frankly difficult. Hence the entire system of limited vision, radio communication and camouflage.

It admittedly is somewhat confusing at first, but once you've grasped the mechanics of the entire system its contribution into making the game a teamwork-based tactics game instead of being just a twitch shooter shows.

Also, found this on danbooru, with the original Pixiv link:

This would have been your normal 'girl on tank' image, if not for the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by artist comment
■A tank from World of tanks■The speech bubbles are a collection of terms I saw in the game, so there's no double meaning to them.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote