View Single Post
Old 2011-06-20, 10:45   Link #93
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

This afternoon I was browsing through the "referer log" for my image archive site. The referer reports the page that requests an object on your site. Most of the references are for my collected signature images, and most of the remainder are for my Nina Fortner picture, but there are others as well. In particular, I saw a bunch of requests from honyaku.yahoofs.jp which points to a page from our thread about Yondemasuyo, Azazel-san. For the LULZ, as they say, I decided to retranslate yahoofs.jp's version in English using Google's translation engine. Here are the three pages for comparison:

Original AS English

Translation to Japanese by yahoofs.jp

Translation to English by Google

There are some sweet things in the retranslation. Forsaken_Infinity writes:
Quote:
Apparently. lol. Seji-sensei's love for the 'plush-toy' turned him into one!!! Watfek man.
After this goes through both yahoofs.jp and google, it comes out the other side as
Quote:
Obviously. lol。 lol. 『豪華なおもちゃ』に対するセジ-先生の愛情は、彼を1に変えました!!!Watfek人。 "Luxury Toys" compliments for - loving teacher, he changed to 1! People Watfek.
I smiled when I saw I had become "loving teacher" though perhaps that's because of a misspelling? I notice the translation seemed to leave all the usernames alone. (I chose "SeijiSensei" because it's one translation for "politics teacher" which I have been in real life. It's also a common male name.)
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote