View Single Post
Old 2024-02-07, 13:51   Link #12358
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

About that potential prequel to Freedom, there is apparently more to it (relevant part in red):
Quote:
FUKUDA: (Regarding the flashback scene in FREEDOM that doesn’t make sense as a standalone) There’s a whole story that comes before that. We don’t know if we’ll ever produce it though (audience yells “Make it!”)
PRODUCER NAKA: You wouldn’t understand that scene just by watching FREEDOM.
FUKUDA: There was a project 10 years ago. There was talk of it being released as an OVA, and talk of a theatrical version. Over the years, the OVA got cut. While Morosawa was still alive, Morita and I finished writing the script, but…
FUKUDA: (Audience: We want to see it!) I’m not telling.
YOSHIDA: There is a very convincing way to persuade them. If it’s a huge hit, there’s no way they wouldn’t make it, right? (Audience applauds)
FUKUDA: Well, that’s how these things tend to happen.
FUKUDA: I didn’t want to just pretend it never happened, so I forcefully worked it in there. I was hoping someone would notice and ask about it.
This was from a Q&A with Fukuda held at the movie's premiere, after the screening (credits to Zeonic-Translation for collation and translation).
Spoiler:

By the way, Fukuda's twitter has some interesting/amusing blurbs and tidbits here and there (like a scene where Ezalia Joule stares at Shiho until her son glares at her to stop it, or a mention that Kira and Lacus have a mansion in PLANT, near the central colony shaft, and share a double bed).

Last edited by Renegade334; 2024-02-08 at 05:36.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote