View Single Post
Old 2006-08-22, 16:49   Link #136
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Awesome, i've been looking for something like this for awhile to fix that over-scan problem (which I'll admit I didn't even realize that was the problem lol)

I'm about to try this out, but I have a couple questions before I do, and yes I've read through the thread and site faq (though I skimmed a little on the thread)

1. Do the borders show when you burn it to dvd? I'd assume not, and even if it did I guess you could fix it by trial and error with resizing then re-encoding the borders. Right?

2. Has anyone tried and can confirm the way to burn the 16x9 files w/o letterbox works? I know GHDpro (btw thanks a lot for making this) said to just use the full screen settings for the 16x9 settings, but I was wondering if anyone has tried that and can confirm it works on a 16x9 tv (which I have)

Like I said, I am going to try this out later myself, but I only have a few DvDs right now to actually burn the playable DvDs, and it'll be a week or so before I can get more so i'd rather not mess it up. (Really need to get some RWs when I can)

Thank you

Edit: Just to clarify, I have a widescreen tv that plays 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen (without any letter boxes; not sure if that varries per tv but I doubt it does) and some anime in widescreen resolutions (well, I think) which are 640x360 and 704x396 (thinking about going and trying the 1280x720 version too, but that doesn't really play on my PC...) that i'd like to burn.

Last edited by Cynor; 2006-08-22 at 17:27.
Cynor is offline   Reply With Quote