View Single Post
Old 2010-12-12, 21:36   Link #48
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
You'll be taking my firearms from me, from my cold dead hands. Seriously. The Founders put the 2nd Amendment in the Bill of Rights, because it was a protection against the Government incase it ever grew too powerful.
Not having the equipment never stopped the French from taking it from the cold dead hands of soldiers, see Storming of the Bastille

Quote:
On the morning of 14 July 1789, the city of Paris was in a state of alarm. The demonstrators had earlier stormed the Hôtel des Invalides to gather arms (29,000 to 32,000 muskets, but without powder or shot), and were mainly seeking to acquire the large quantities of arms and ammunition stored at the fortress of la Bastille. On the 14th there were over 13,600 kilograms (30,000 lb) of gunpowder stored there.
The lack of discipline or proper organisation never stopped them from getting together and storming a fortress with empty muskets when pressed. That's when communication was limited to horseback. (Pigeon post wasn't available to the masses)

The French presently have no weapons, but they can block roads, airports, train stations and manifest in the streets, destroying businesses, bus stops, doors, signage and light cars on fire indiscriminately when they protest.

Would I put loaded guns in their hands? No, I don't think so.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote