View Single Post
Old 2006-05-25, 02:07   Link #72
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrobberts
Looks is everything when reading manga. You may not like it, but people don't want to see an ugly character.

It's the mentality of the people. This is the reason why most main characters are appealling (Ussopp is an exception, but he's comic relief). Chopper obviously appeals to girls.
Only to extremely shallow people. And that's an opinion, which if you noticed, not all people share. Just like the people who won't watch One Piece because they say "The art is ugly". Yet One Piece is one of the most popular mangas in Japan in history.
And I do NOT think Franky is ugly at all. I think it's a great, attractive, wonderfully designed character. And I also happen think Usopp is pretty hot also. And he's NOT comic relief. Not anymore than Luffy is. If that's what you think, you have a lot of poor misunderstandings about the characters in One Piece.

Quote:
You cannot also compare Luffy's past with Franky. Luffy was a child when he saw Shanks arm missing. Seeing something like that is more tramatic when you're a child than a teenager.
Oh, that's bull. Trauma is trauma. And who cares? You're going off onto points that mean absolutely nothing. I think you're thinking way too hard about it when the answers right under your nose.

Quote:
A much better analogy would be, a guy wearing an expensive watch and walking into the ghettos in the middle of the night without even making an effort to hide it.
That's a bad analogy too, because there wasn't anything particularly threatening about the people in Water 7. You could walk into a ritsy restaurant in Beverly Hills and get your expensive watch stolen by an intelligent, scheming criminal who was keeping an eye out for such things. That is more akin to Franky's situation.

Quote:
Though Franky Family are not his real family, he won't abandon them.
And for this you have no proof.

Quote:
Don't be too quick to dismiss my story. There will be a carpenter by the end of the arc. I have a weird feeling it's a girl.
*dismisses*
If you're right about that, I'll eat my underwear.
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote