View Single Post
Old 2008-12-13, 11:19   Link #147
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
I am just saying that you are comparing Shinji in the end of evangelion with Ryuuji and Kyon but this is not fair because Shinji in the beginning is very different to the one at the end and this is not his original character but because of the situation and if you were to place Kyon and Ryuuji in his situation you may see different faces of them as well, and not necessarily angry or pissed off.
That's why I can't accept your comparison. They have different situations in life. And we really can't know what will Ryuuji do if he was in that kind of experience.
Quote:
And yes Shinji is in fact a normal person. Maybe more introvert than usual but he is more realistic than a lot of other characters.
Quote:
Shinji denies an image of a hero, he is a weak, passive person.
Differences between him and Ryuuji and Kyon. You stated it.
Quote:
But to say that he was self-destruct from a beginning was too big conclusion to make since you are ignoring the beginning of it.
Wait did I say he self-destruct in the beginning. I said he self-destructs because of his situation.
Quote:
Kyon has something taht does help a lot in grieve situation - his dry humor. The way he tells the story really establishes him as a character. Meanwhile
Quote:
Ryuuji
and Shinji are not that lucky...
Wait are you presuming Ryuuji will react the same as Shinji?

Quote:
And yet this discussion is going way off topic.
Yeah we all know that. I'm saying this because it's surprising you relate Shinji (Ok the beginning Shinji.) to Ryuuji.
Quote:
Ryuuji is a great lead. Just that people give too much strength to him. He is not that strong and thats the reason why he can deal with Taiga so well.
I think your point is you want the people to see Ryuuji as a normal person because people including me raise his character. Well, this is character discussion about him. Being compared to a weak person like Shinji is very hard to accept. What do you expect?
What so hard about your comparison is, Shinji and Ryuuji have different situations. Situations mold the character of a person. So I can only compare them with your point and I think you will agree, the beginning Shinji and Ryuuji (because they are both normal that includes Kyon. But the end Shinji and Ryuuji, way opposite.
~I think the mods will see this.