View Single Post
Old 2009-08-04, 23:29   Link #99
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
or he can just kill off luffy in this war...
Go to all that trouble of writing and drawing for 10 years+ only to have the protagonist die randomly?

What sort of shit ass story is that?

Btw, someone mentioned this on AP and I found it interesting as it isn't so obvious (well I missed it despite being relatively familiar with Greek mythology), but there seem to be quite a number of parallels between Whitebeard and Poseidon (Greek God of the Sea).

Quoting his post:

Quote:
On the note of Whitebeard and his Gura Gura fruit, I was checking out Wikipedia when I found the Poseidon, the Greek God of the sea page. I was most curious about this line:

Quote from Wiki:
"In Greek mythology, Poseidon (Greek: Ποσειδῶν; Latin: Neptūnus) was the god of the sea and, as "Earth-Shaker," of earthquakes."

In it, it notes that Poseidon had many children, when that was said it made me think of his "sons". I think there is symbolism between this and Whitebeard being the "Strongest man alive." [On the sea?] And also his DF, as well as his relationship with his crew. Then again, it could be coincidence.
Anyone else find this interesting?

Last edited by paradox13; 2009-08-06 at 06:37.
paradox13 is offline   Reply With Quote