View Single Post
Old 2011-10-29, 00:32   Link #3748
Ryus
The One Eyed King

^

Now you all know why us manga fans where so excited for this arc to start.

I'll say flat out, it's not the best arc ever (it's FT after all, so it's meant to be fun and light not quite epicness for epicness sake)... but for Fairy Tail it's very very good, even with typical ass pulls Mashima does with this series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Wow, so I wasn't the only one who wanted Capricorn and Meldy to join FT when I first saw them. What was it about her that made me want her to join?
On the other forum I hang on, tons of people where routing for that too. I personally believed Caprco would join Lucy but I believed Meldy was a mindless robot (hence the things on the side of her head) programmed to follow Ultear and Zancrow... since except when she called Ultear Ul she never showed emotion at all up to that point.

People also suspect Ultear joining Fairy Tail due to her connection to Gray and Hades going lightside in the end due to his connection with FT. In fact those that believed that sometimes wondered if most of the guild would end up merging with FT.

Though by far in large most people where hoping for long term villains who'd last more than an arc. After all, anyone recall Jose the last guy to fight Makarov?

I also recall people screaming Zancrow (yellow haired guy) and Azuma (the guy who just blew up Wendy) couldn't fight Natsu and last more than a panel after he eats there fire. People suspected back then that Zancrow used fire since he kept saying he'd turn enemies to "ash" and Azuma since he seemed to be using explosion magic and half of and explosion is a fire ball (though I recall theories of how the concussion force of his explosions could still harm Natsu...)

Of course we who have read the manga can't comment on which of those come true... but for anyone curious enough to pick up the manga episode 103 ended at the very end of chapter 215. So start on ch 216 if you can't wait to find out what happens. BTW the cover page to ch 216 is NSFW... at the very least check that out. Someone is topless ... it's part a of 2 part cover so ch 217 has the next in the series.

I will say whatever you anime only fans do DON'T MISS NEXT EPISODE. After all the first match up seems to be between two Guild Masters, both Fairy Tail Masters at that (not some loser guild)... and think about it... OMG, it's at the start of an arc, not the end. For. FT. this. is. (translation: mind is officially blown ). Plus there is 7 kin whom look like they can give FT a run for there money... and the wild card Zeref running about (whom not even Natsu could harm), all without Gildartz, Freed, or Bixlow and the rest of FT separated all across an island not knowing what to do.

And yes, Hades does look very good for his age.