View Single Post
Old 2007-12-15, 04:34   Link #233
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
I think it depends greatly on the story. For example Hantsuki was only 6 eps, but managed to pull off a great story in a short time. This is because the actual story content was small. However if, for example, you tried to fit Clannad into a 13 ep show it would turn horribly rushed and wouldn't end up being a good series at all. I think they underplanned for the number of eps, or were unable to get the length they wanted from the network which left them in a rush situation. But i don't really see any ep that was completely pointless and a waste of time. One could argue that the comedy episodes with Hinoko could be cut or shortened, but i think they show off her character as a potential main female and were a nice cut through all the intensive drama arcs.
Well, Clannad is a visual novel. So that means many heroines. Which means many stories.
Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora is just one story that moves in a straight line.
It's just that the animators for Clannad, like Kanon, wants to animate all of the main heroines' paths. That's why it needs so many episodes. If Clannad needed to be fit into 13 episodes, they can do what Da Capo II did: Just choose one or two paths.
Those cuts also had a side-effect of breaking the rhythm. It's like if a fighting anime suddenly, in the middle of a fight, switched to a parallel world of slice-of-life. You build up excitement for the on-going story, and suddenly, we get an episode of a loli that pops out of nowhere (at least, she's not around at first). Then, we go back to the story and the excitement simmers down... For the on-going story though, Hinako has proven that if she's not around, no one cares. And Shuusuke's chosen his blood-related sister over her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
I just wished that more people can join me defending why this episode is good because right now I don't want to post anything good about this episode anymore.
??

There are already plenty of people defending the episode.

It's just that the same argument is used over and over again for both sides...
Everyone repeats their points, rinse, repeat.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)