View Single Post
Old 2004-04-13, 09:01   Link #56
jennwenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffith
This is somewhat off-topic, but there's a Little Nemo game for the NES that came out here in America. It's developed by Capcom and the full title is Little Nemo: The Dream Master. It's actually a pretty good game, I wasn't aware it was based on an anime until now.
Well I think the anime was based on an American comic strip by Winsor McCay (from the early 1900's), so it became a cross-cultural thing. I'm guessing it was also popular in Japan if they would consider making an anime and video game out of it?

Oh, I've also seen Lingerie Soldier Papillion Rose, an ecchi (or hentai?) parody OVA of Sailor Moon.

I've seen a raw version of Studio 4C's Arete-hime, very Ghibli-esque fairy tale. Easy to find on Japanese R2 DVD but not so in English. (I have yet to find a sub...)

I've also seen Plastic Flower, some Korean animated music video, very reminiscent of Wonderful Days and made around the same time. It may have been a promo for an upcoming Korean animated film. I'm having trouble identifying its source and purpose.

Also seen part of Bewitching Nozomi, popular on VHS fansub but impossible to find subbed otherwise. Actually, I've only seen one part of it. I need to find the rest! Something about boxing and Adachi.

I don't own a tape player anymore, so it would be awesome if we could find all these rare anime on DVD, fansub DVD, or digisubs!
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote