View Single Post
Old 2008-09-28, 11:21   Link #23
CaptainSmoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
So basically Kobayashi didn't have the balls to write an ending. Someone much wiser than myself predicted this would happen, but I was too optimistic to believe him.

Is it melodramatic to suggest that School Rumble is the biggest waste of potential in anime/manga this decade? I mean, Kobayashi writes these amazing characters, that are so sympathetic and multi-dimensional and complicated and, well, just brilliant. Yet he seemingly can't write a well-paced and well developed plotline to save his life. It's so disappointing because even in this episode you could see glimpses of the masterpiece it could have been shining through the occasional cracks of otherwise mediocrity. I can't help but just shake my head and utter "if only..."
You ripped the words right out of my mouth and on to your keyboard thx, your post is exactly what I’ve been wanting to say for some time now.

I agree School Rumble was special it had this immense amount of potential all down the gutter because of a cowardly author.

As I think back to the episodes(and manga) and recall the exciting development between great characters, all of it is MEANINGLESS, null and void, garbage in my mind when you have this weak conclusion where the author is telling fans “think up your own ending.”

Is it really that difficult to become great? This series was a step or two away from knocking on that door of greatness, but it fell flat on its face right at the end! What a shame.