View Single Post
Old 2004-12-19, 15:51   Link #85
Yoska
フランキー

The old thread resurrected .

One Piece
There's something I really love about in this very comic but I can't grasp it into words, it makes me laugh, excited and sad. Pretty much the only boys' series I adore above everything else, a warm home to return after getting enthusiastic over other great comics. It's selfish request but please let it continue another 35 long volumes.

Berserk
Even though it's not even over yet it's already a classic and for a good reason that is. The series has every thing you could wish from a fantasy tale and it's my particular base pillar when comparing different series. Although on the contrary to One Piece I wish the series would end during my life time .

Beck
I never could imagine I'd like a music series this quite a lot and I haven't even ever been heavily into music but this series makes me want to. Beck's a good balance of all aspects of story telling and it's hard to not to like it.

Zetman
If there's a tiny superhero sucker in you and all those superhero movies aren't enough for you then this little piece of art can save you from an embassament of buy expensive superhero costumes and slingshots. Zetman takes a Japanese approach on the subject and delivers some fine entertainment.

Mugen no Juunin
My favourite samurai showdown. It may not be the most realistic there is but at least it's the most classy, flashy and artsy of them all.

Real
Wheelchair basketball can be fun. Well, at least when it's done awesomely and here it is. One of the more thoughtful sport series and if you ask, it kicks Vagabond's butt.

Homunculus
Now here's an interesting work and honestly I'm not sure what to think about it, else than it's fantastic.

Himizu
It's all about characters and I would go so far and say this's a work of art. Either way the series catch me off guard and now I'm looking forward of getting introduced other series by the author.

20th Century Boys
All self-respecting comic lovers read this...

Saishu Heiki Kanojo
Another nice series I haven't finished. Pity though, perhaps someday I acquire the rest of the books.

Other worth of mentioning are Nausicaä, Akira and Nasu.

Last edited by Yoska; 2004-12-28 at 10:16.