View Single Post
Old 2012-11-27, 16:17   Link #74
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I am sorry I disagree, my response would not be the same if it was worst. Of course a lot of anime I might classify as worst I would never watch in the first place.

However my worst anime I watched any of in 2012 would be SAO. A lot of people are listing it as disappointing. It didn't disappoint me because I had low expectations to begin with. I dropped at ep 5 and just reading about certain things made me glad I did. But was I disappointed in it, not really. How can I be disappointed in something that didnt do much for me from the start.
I understand what you're saying, but you're actually not really disagreeing with the intent of my comment as much as you think. It's one thing to say "of the anime I watched in 2012, this is the one I liked the least" (and yes, that may be different from the one that disappointed you the most). But when someone makes a statement like "The Worst Anime of 2012", it implies that there are things wrong with it that go far beyond just "I didn't like it". As Echoes said above, it implies a more objective judgement that includes more than just a subjective judgement on the plot, characters, and overall direction. (Whether it's right or wrong that it has that implication, I'm not sure.) If we were to make a thread that captures the sort of comment you just made, I wouldn't call it "The Worst Anime of 2012", but rather "My Most Disliked Anime of 2012", just to avoid this confusion and remove the expectation that we're trying to judge quality objectively.

(I do think that some people would be able to differentiate between "The Worst" and "My Most Disliked" (least liked)... but I think you'd have to establish a lot more ground rules and criteria to set the standard. Otherwise, people could easily be comparing apples and oranges (even if we're all talking about anime).)