View Single Post
Old 2011-10-14, 19:21   Link #34
lion girl

I just want to say that if Yuri does have set of balls under her robe -- that doesn't make her any less of a woman. If she does, it only makes her transgender. She clearly presents as a woman, she clearly identifies as a woman. She lives as a woman, and some of the responses to her possibly being trans* are downright offensive. She's still a woman, so saying it's not "yuri" is saying she's not a woman, since "yuri" is f/f. That is undermining her identity. Denying a person their identity is one of the most offensive things you can do, in my opinion. Then again, no wonder she's going on about lies in this episode and how no one could love her but Momoka-- if this is how people respond to it.

I'm sure someone will say "Yuri's not REAL THOUGH!!" but this is a real world issue, transphobia, that is. I firmly believe people need to be called out when this happens and this is one of those cases.

Yuri refers to herself as a woman, so she clearly identifies as a woman. Regardless of whatever she's got going on down there, immediately meeting it with revulsion and cries of "she might not be a woman!" are the wrong way to approach it.

Personally, I was far too disturbed by what she did in this episode to care about her downstairs. It was a great episode, I think, and finally figuring out partially what Yuri's deal is was very nice. Next week can't come sooner.