Thread: Licensed Boys Be
View Single Post
Old 2004-06-30, 14:48   Link #24
Itlandm
Porcupine

I can't believe I haven't said anything about this anime! I don't think any anime, perhaps no movie ever, made such an impression on me. I wish I had seen it when I was the age of those kids. I wish they would show it in schools. Seriously. For once, an anime without magic and robots and all ... just real people who make mistakes and are afraid and embarassed and still sometimes get things right, just because they are themselves. When the last episode ended, I felt like I really knew those boys, as if these were my actual friends who I had gone to school with.

I also first thought when I saw the end of the last episode, huh? This is an ending? But later I have realized that the Japanese are more subtle in these matters. The few words between Kyoichi and Chiharu at the end really say a lot more than I first thought. Also notice the cat and compare with the first time. ^_^

That said, I would not mind if there had been more episodes, but I am satisfied with how it worked out.

The other Chiharu has only the name in common with the first. However the name helps remind Kyoichi and ...
Spoiler:
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote