View Single Post
Old 2013-01-20, 16:27   Link #11709
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I'd like to hope that Medaka being "dead" will allow the manga to finally break new ground and go in the direction that it should have after Chapter 140, but of course that won't happen.
One can only hope, one can only hope. Even if it's a fool's hope.

~~

I'd also like to add that, while me, and several others thought and hoped that Zenkichi would take up the flak, for the possibility of substituting God-awful Medaka, and because Anshin'san described the guy as the type of new-world main character the manga would have(i.e not aided by the fickle hand of fate) the main motivation for wanting the dude as main-character wasn't about that(well, it was about Medaka, but...).

It's simply that people like the character, and he seems(still does) to be the logical choice to follow around in new, less dangerous, less grand adventures(maybe ones that focus more on the characters) - because people like that human side.

So, you see, it's a blend of both Anshin'san's words, and Medaka's terribleness, in the end. And, honestly, neither are truly bad reasons for wanting the manga to have followed something different after 140.

Hell, we thought it did, at first. The Student Council going on a rescue mission, everyone getting character development and screen-time in fights.

That is, until Medaka showed-up, and just did her usual routine(trump everyone effortlessly - Medaka style!).