View Single Post
Old 2008-02-24, 16:46   Link #154
teelotes
·¥äkítðrý·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Leaving the city will solve one immediate problem: his fights keep endangering those closest to him.

It will also, probably, diminish the frequency of the attacks, since the attackers will have to spend some time looking for him, instead of having his damn home address.
I guess the translocation of the Reiji Maigo to Yuji is a result of the state of the city, and not vice versa. They did predict (in Season 1 I think) that the city has an affinity to attract trouble, and even if Yuji left the city, any catastrophe couldn't have been prevented and circumstances would probably just draw him back.

He might be at a better position to protect those he loved if he stayed in the city and fight for them. Besides, I believe he also needs to draw the courage and strength to fight by being around his family and friends.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind if he leaves the city for a few days, temporarily. It may sound like a typical plot device, but being separated from the loved ones temporarily will make him treasure them more, and probably understand the situation better from a different perspective.