View Single Post
Old 2006-01-11, 12:55   Link #10
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

8 here.... it would have been a 10 had the Kaede finish and Asa-Rin arc been written in a manner more consistent with their established behaviors.

The last episode takes a bit of a hit because although I really liked some of the chibi effects, the hyperdeformation of sensei, Mayumi, and Primula was painful ... and I got tired of the massive use of "paper cutouts on a stick" walking technique to save on animation.

The last half of the ep24 attempts to establish a new set of orbits where Asa (as Kikyou says, "pulls his strings") permits access to RIn because she willing to permit the situation to be tested and she loves her friends ... Kaede is being led on a bit (Asa says its okay to keep loving Rin ... wtf??) and Sia openly waves the polygamy banner. I'm not sure why Nerine is treating Rin as anymore than a good friend. What am I saying? A lot of the motivation here is just a bit odd unless Asa is really okay with sharing.

Interesting start, great middle eps comedy, fabulous drama in Kaede arc and Nerine/Primula arc, ...Rin's repetitive use of girl's names, overuse of the dumb Idol Teams rather than character development of the main characters, Sia's eps (all of them, so many) were well done. Nerine got the short end of the "time stick" on screen with Rin. Short summary: better than average true harem anime with a splotchy finish. Definitely worth a rewatch.

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-01-11 at 13:29.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote