View Single Post
Old 2013-02-16, 18:37   Link #640
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post

Besides I personally don't see anyone but Honoka being capable to be a leader. Sometimes group needs an instigater a kin to Chitanda. Naiv, fearless, riding on motivation and energy rather than what are results and what are the chances to make it.
I guess the only Honoka and Haruka overlap with their little ambition shout orders and force their visions on others while haing fun and getting along with everyone. FOr me Honoka came off as more solid character than Haruka.
I don't question that Honoka fits these characteristics the most, but I was thinking more about what would happen if they were to have a leader with different characteristics. Part of my line of thinking comes from the discussion in the book Quiet about the leadership styles of people with more introverted personalities.

Of course, the setting of Love Live! as a show about idols makes it somewhat strange to have that sort of leader. Even Takamina of AKB48 fame also exhibits many of these characteristics.

Idolm@ster would of course be very different if we replaced Haruka's energy with say Nagase Iori's will to win. And Love Live! would also have a very different tone if the focus was changed to Niko's know-how. There would probably be more exploration into the cut-throat and dog-eat-dog nature of the industry, as well as the need for manoeuvring into the spotlight by capturing media attention.

Then again, maybe Eri already fulfils some of these roles seeing how she has been pulling strings behind the scenes by uploading videos of their dances.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote