View Single Post
Old 2008-05-07, 22:01   Link #10
b0nk
Freelancer
*Fansubber

1. Personality
a. IRL I'm a social type person who can talk with almost anyone with anything interesting to say. On IRC I'm more of a reserved person who'd rather do his work than chat about nonsense.
b. Oversubbing by less than capable groups creating a flood of horrible releases, and HQ groups who compete against each other rather than joint to destroy the speed groups.
c. In most groups I work with there is a sense of camaraderie with other members also sharing your work with other people.
d. b0nk and b0nk^laptop

2. Mission
a. Well it was first to give back to the community after so many years of leeching but after learning AFX it's now to perfect typesetted signs.
b. Certain shows deserve better treatment than a speed sub group can offer and I almost feel inclined to do it also it's just plain fun.
c. Usually late at night when I'm off work and nothing is on TV
d. It was ep 14 of AonE's Sousei no Aquarion I started my fansubbing debut so that was like 3 years ago.
e. To produce a show from another language/culture that the majority of the world can understand.

3. Groups
a. Currently I'm a typesetter for Menclave mostly but I'm also affiliated with AonE.
b. Currently have projects with Menclave, AonE, Yoroshiku, Ureshii
c. AonE, Ryoumi, Mendoi, FTW, Ureshii, Conclave, Saizen, Anime-Empire, probably forgetting some.
d. Yes, but I only do random things like font matching, logos, creds, ep titles

4. Projects
a. Anything with mecha or sci-fi elements I also enjoy a good comedy every now and then.
b. Usually anything that's not on my preferences I don't work as fast on it, but I work on it usually because my "skills" are best used there.

5. Founder
a. Well co-founded FTW with pichu and GWi with pichu and a few others

6. Jobs
a. Typesetting
b. Also can karaoke style, karaoke time, script time, and QC'd before
c. Typesetting
d. Well I specialize more in signs typesetting than styling but my motto to making a good sign is, "the best signs are the ones not noticed". This means to make it match the original sign as much as possible from exact font, to color, shadows, fade, gradient w/e.

7. Other Plans
a. Probably when it stops being fun or when I'm satisfied with the other current typesetter's work.
b. Heh, I think I'm doing that now but it's hard to train people in AFX if they are not familiar with it. I find it's easier to train people that have some familiarity to it.
c. Just ask me for any old project file I'll most likely share it with you, I keep almost everything I've done.

Last edited by b0nk; 2008-05-07 at 22:11.
b0nk is offline   Reply With Quote