Old 2006-08-09, 05:04   Link #964
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_87
Thank you all for helping me with the sos brigade logo pic

So far my sig looks like this:

feel free to post any tip or advice to make it better. Especially the sos logo...
NEVER save stills as gifs...
Gifs just pick the most common 256 colours in the image... from something like 1.2milion... basically shades and other stuff won't show like it should...

Save it as .png or .jpeg... in the case of that sig its best to save it as .png (otherwise transparency won't show...)
Other little suggestions... ^_^
  • Adding a 1px border makes it look cleaner...
  • Don't use Satin on the text... inner shadow isn't recommended either... and gradients are good but you have to be careful not to make the text look out of place...
  • The size limit on AS is 500X160... so you can still make it a little longer...
  • Do something about that text... its covering Haruhi and the SOS-dan logo
  • The colours look like video quality to me... you definitely have to make some adjustments here and there to make them more "exiting"...
  • Maybe its best to take out the Haruhi sig sliver... she's already in the sig... it might make her look a little more impressive...
  • The orange-yellow thing looks pretty cool on the right... but its covering the logo... also... why isn't it transparent on the left... ?... and why did you crop part of it off ?
  • Those little spiral things beneath the logo are pretty cool... maybe its better if you cover the hole sig with them... as a background
  • It would be nice if we could see a little bit more of Haruhis head... the top part I mean... (read : shrink Haruhi a little bit)
  • AS allows for multiple images in the same sig... why are you combining them in a single image... isn't it a waste of time... its not like its going to make a diffrence...