View Single Post
Old 2009-05-15, 23:16   Link #54
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
  • Rat Patrol - what if Squad 7 was organized as a skirmish force? That is, using a combination of armed jeeps/buggies and ATVs (if they have motorcycles, those shouldn't be too far a leap) to harass Imperial colums and encampments with hit-and-fade attacks? Anyone who's seen the eponymous 60s TV series, or read Clancy's 'Red Storm Rising', should have scant difficulty visualizing how effective/annoying such tactics can be... Of course, those not comfortable with such a remolding can create a unit from whole cloth, what with the Gallian campaign encompassing a lot more than just Welkin and company.
  • Z-Axis - might be less a story than a reasoned discussion on how airpower would affect the setting. Among other things, I'm sure the Gallians would love to have analogues of the G-model Stuka (which swaps out its usual bombs for a pair of podded 37mm cannons; this is the signature plane of the Luftwaffe CAS ace Hans-Ulrich Rudel) or P-39 Airacobra (one of the Warthog's spiritual ancestors) on call...
Ideas seems interesting, not to mention about being a Selvaria/Welkin dark shipper.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island

Last edited by Yu Ominae; 2009-05-15 at 23:49.
Yu Ominae is online now   Reply With Quote