Thread: Licensed K (Anime project)
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-09, 08:33   Link #572
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Edit: however I don't think we can say negative reaction to K was anti-hype. Was the show ever really hyped? Yes it had a nice looking trailer and a great cast but going in we really didn't know much about it. We still don't.

And I think it is kind of unfair to lump all complaints about K together as unrational. Some series work for some people and not for others.
Of course not all criticism of/complaint about K is unrational. But I've seen numerous comments about K's horrible visuals, terrible CG (I wonder what people think is good CG if this is their idea of horrible...), unsalvageable script (what?), idiotic plot (...after 1 episode?), and how the show has no redeeming quality whatsoever. By just reading comments about the show one would think K is the worst anime ever, but at the very least somewhere on the level of Musashi Gundou...

As for the hype, I didn't really pay attention to pre-season promos but I've seen K come up pretty often, mostly because of all the secrecy about the project, and the nice trailer and great cast.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote