View Single Post
Old 2006-10-06, 23:23   Link #84
JarOfMayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_At View Post
Uh, so I don't watch that much anime anymore, but I was getting really, really excited about this series. The animation looked great, the costume design looked great, the mecha and fight scenes looked great, the characters looked great....
and then I read the plot summary. This is the 21st century, the century of globalization, internationalization, friendships across boundaries. If this show's target audience is teenagers, then they do not need to be shown anything that fosters nationalism. Sure, they're concerned about North Korea. Why take it out on the poor white British gaijin?
Believe me, I'm a teenager, I know how impressionable some of us can be. x_x Especially if, in Japan, only a portion of Japanese schools teach a World Geography course (not all US ones do, but some realize how important it is)

Ohh dear, I was so looking forward to this. Now I'm starting to get worried, especailly since Abe took over Koizumi's job as the Prime Minister of Japan.....

P.S On the bright side, isn't this aired at like 2:00 AM in Japan? If it is, thank God, because I shudder to think the difference this would make in that prime-time spot that's so popular.
Yes it is late late night.

I do think in the sense of images protrayed to young people... it should be away from imperial/nationalism tides. The special's interviews suggested that story wise, viewers themselves may become confused with who they really like, who they think is right. As we already have seen the "Attack" and the "Counterattack" both have shown ugly sides. One being oppressive and one being terrorists... Little difference to people who become victims.

C.C. in her contract sequence also mentions that the Geass power ("King's" power i think its referred as) will "isolate", "make solitary" the user, Lulu. Like many have already mentioned, just the power itself will probably corrupt Lulu just like it has corrupted the empire already. And the story... some mix of Lulu... Terror vs. Empire and all the people who are ignorantly innocent...

mmm Now I wonder if C.C. is only gonna be spiritual presence... ---; kinda sucks lol Then again she did grab his wrist after being .. killed? lol... the way Suzaku and C.C. got bonked makes it this feel like were going to have one of those...
Quote:
Asuran (turns around): "Oh sheet Fraga shoza!" (Aren't you supposed to dead?)
Muu: "No I'm Neo Norarok(w/e)!"
Asuran: huh?
Moments...
JarOfMayo is offline   Reply With Quote