View Single Post
Old 2012-05-26, 09:38   Link #64
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticNinjaJay View Post
I wonder how all of this will play out because it seems to me like Sasuke is going through a transformation. After all this will he still side with Tobi and force Naruto to fight him? Itachi is in a position to save Sasuke from his darkness since he know doubt has more revelations to make about Tobi, Madara and the Uchiha.
He'll still fight Naruto.

I think Sasuke believes Itachi has already paid his debt. He now understands why Itachi did what he did and Itachi's already dead so there's no real reason to be angry at him anymore. However, Sasuke has not yet expressed any regret about his involvement in Itachi's death or admitted it was a mistake to seek revenge in the first place. He blames everyone else.

Instead of admitting to himself that his anger leads nowhere, Sasuke simply shifts his rage to new targets. I don't think he'll understand how the lesson Itachi is teaching Kabuto applies to himself, or he'll refuse to see it. Probably, he won't fully realize until he fights Naruto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odinx View Post

And because this is Itachi, he will never say all these outright to Sasuke. The numskull has to figure it out for himself. Good luck to you.
Which is probably pretty smart. Showing Sasuke first hand how futile and empty Kabuto's ambitions are, while at the same time admitting that even he himself had weaknesses and made mistakes. Itachi's teaching Sasuke without directly preaching to him.

But yeah, it's up to Sasuke to let the lesson sink in.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote