Thread: Licensed Strike Witches 2
View Single Post
Old 2010-10-13, 20:10   Link #929
Lynx190
Keine is moo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Personally, I'm fine with the story about the 501st being over. Now, I'd really like to see an anime about other teams, especially about the Africa one, since I'd like to see more of Marseille. I think she'd make an amazing MC. Or, if the MC has definitely got to be a Fuso Witch, then I'd like someone other than Yoshika and Sakamoto.
Yeah, after season 1, I was afraid that season 2 would be filled with new characters and we'd barely see the old ones, but after season 2 I now WANT to see a new cast. Or actually I'd like to see some overlap of old and new, but that's unlikely to actually happen since fans would be all upset that their favorite character was one of the ones left out; a completely new cast would be more likely. I really don't want to see a Season 3 starting with Yoshika miraculously regaining her magic, that would be so cheesy, although that would make it fit right in with the disappointing end of S2.

Speaking of disappointment, I was highly disappointed when Galland never showed up despite being mentioned. So for a new season here's the cast of eleven I'd personally like to see regardless how unlikely (I'm going to assume fighting in Karlsland and it will thus be heavy on Karlslanders):

Galland in command, forming a new elite unit as the real Galland did with JV-44 (except probably not exclusively using jet strikers)

Barkhorn 2nd-in-command

Helma Lennartz (basically replacing Perrine: being secretly in love with the XO, not really paired with anyone else, albeit more generally likeable than Perrine)

Erica and Ursula - Galland's historical involvement with aircraft testing fits well with Ursula's researching; historically, Hartmann declined Galland's invitation, but here Erica would presumably go along with everyone else

Two Fuso witches, not sure who since there's so many... possibly an original one to use as the new protagonist + one loner to be her friend (i.e. Lynne), otherwise a pair that already go together.

Two JG26 members - Karlsland needs more representatives of the Western Front pilots instead of just the ones at the top of the kills list from fighting inferior Soviet opponents. I'm thinking let's have a Josephine Priller, and one other who could maybe be the protagonist if it doesn't have to be a Fuso witch (who it should be depends on whether they're the protagonist or not, the protag should probably be inexperienced like Yoshika).

That leaves two slots, which I think would be best filled by Shirley and Lucchini: the real Yeager's test piloting fits with Galland/Lennartz/Ursula, the presence of Trude means you have to have Shirley anyway for the rivalry/love, and Lucchini comes with her automatically (and her absence would probably draw some of the most fan anger)

(if there's no Yoshika or Mio, I think you really can't have Minna, Lynne, or Perrine since their relationships are so important to the character. Also it just wouldn't seem right to have Minna as a subordinate. As for Sanya and Eila, sorry, I just find them boring and unnecessary to bring back. Sanya should be in a nightfighter unit anyway instead of always being asleep when everyone else is operating.)

After coming up with this list though, I thought about something, checked the wikia and realized a problem: Galland is 23 years old in 1944, definitely beyond combat age (that's probably why she wears pants, not that being non-combat prevents nurses and whoever else from going pants-less). So maybe Minna has to return to command in the field, but I still want to see Galland!
Lynx190 is offline   Reply With Quote