View Single Post
Old 2014-03-11, 13:11   Link #2693
RoboMambo

Whenever I read something on Princess Tutu, I feel like I watched a completely different show from everyone else. Even when I disaggre with people, usually I still understand where they come from, not so with this one. For one, everyone gushes over the story-within-a-story element, but the show does absolutely nothing with it, it just drops it there, and I'm expected to think it's smart, but it's nothing but window dressing. Is it ever used in an interesting manner? Is it at least used for some kind of meta-commentary? Does it ever become truly relevant? No, you could even remove the whole thing and the show wouldn't change in the least for it. It never goes beyond one character or another mentioning things about the story while the story goes on.
Spoiler for Princess Tutu:
Besides that, no character ever goes anywhere interesting, except Fakir, and the show is awfully episodic and repetitive, always the same jokes, same structure.

Oh, and totally agreeing on SAO. Although it was awful enough to be fun, so no way I'm missing season two.