View Single Post
Old 2013-06-24, 00:49   Link #1651
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainrir View Post
I out quotes around "orders" because Alibaba is only intervening after Aladdin told him what's going on. I don't actually mean Aladdin made Alibaba do it against his will.
Aladdin just gave Alibaba information on the situation. It was up to Alibaba to do something about it or not. It was his decision to intervene, a decision he made based on personal reasons. So the word "order", even with quotes around, just doesn't fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainrir View Post
This is akin to a secret service agent who accidentally "took the bullet" to protect the (any) President, but it really only happen because he was accidentally there and not conciously aware of a shooter. IF HE TAKING credit and saying "yeah I saw that coming and protected the president", then he would be dishonest. He would be honest if he only took credit for the latter part, but he is being dishonest when he also took credit for the first. This is essentially what Alibaba is doing.
I still don't think it's a lie. He went there to protect those people and Kouha was one of them. But whatever, I see where you're coming from at least. Still, Alibaba's ashamed reaction is out of place imo. Even if his little political stunt didn't work as he expected, he should have kept his cool and his head high.