View Single Post
Old 2009-11-25, 16:29   Link #3575
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Two things:

The "Nasty Trick": You guys are now looking for a trick because ryukishi said there was a trick. But wait a second. Who's to say we haven't already found the trick? Maybe we're among those people really close to the "answer." It would not surprise me if a 90% or so correct explanation for one or more episodes has already come up here. And it wouldn't surprise me if, in the ep5 discussion, the trick has already been discovered. Battler's unreliable perspective, the study, the faked death (or deaths!), the frame job, the time trick with the letter... there are lots of things that could be "tricks" to someone who hasn't given the story as much thought as people here have. Why are you so uncertain that you haven't already spotted the trick? Maybe he wants you going looking for some crack in your assumptions, make you doubt yourself. Doesn't mean you aren't right...

Fictional Reconstruction vs. Time Loop: Morally, there is no difference. It would be equally despicable for Battler to kill fictional entities who look, talk, act, breathe, and suffer like his family as it would to kill the real thing and resurrect them later. In either case the act is extremely difficult and I assume Battler has no intention of just picking some culprits and killing people with a ritual murder to satisfy the witches he just declared war on. While Battler may have to kill characters on the board (something that is evil, but that he clearly does not want to do), whatever the board may be, I have to think he's planning something. Would he have accepted the position of game master if he didn't have a plan for what to do with his new position? I wonder if he won't be using his control over the board as much to work out the kinks in the truth himself as to vex Erika's ability to solve things.
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote