View Single Post
Old 2012-03-02, 16:46   Link #134
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Actually it was not specifically mentioned that the third genome is stronger and all the Genomes on some level will corrupt. The problem is that Shu had it and it was forcefully removed and now it has been implanted again. The Genome corrupt on a cellular level the longer you use it. So if Shu had not lost his arm but continued to use Voids at the rate he was it would have happened anyway. Having a new implanted sped up the process.

Also, the reason why the 3rd Genome seems stronger is because for the first time Shu was able to draw out his own void which enhances his ability he can now use that which makes the person whole all of it. Shu needed to lose his arm in order for this to happen. It would not have had the same effect if he would amputated his arm himself. He would not have had the right mindset to do what needs to be done. The stronger the person's will and when the people share a deep bond or connection like love it becomes stronger.. Which is why Inori's void has always been his strongest. Gai would not be able to use Inori's void to the same potential as Shu, it cant be a one way street. Even Souta's Void increased in level when Shu uses it because of his forgiveness and friendship for Souta and vice versa. Now that Shu can take all of a person it means he will also take their cancer. His upgrade was not just the 3rd Genome it was his resolve, his determination and he finally stopped running and questioning himself in his head. All of this lead to his upgrade and him being able to pull his own Void.

There was no reason for Haruka to reveal the hiding place of the 3rd Genome therefore you cant give Gai something that is hidden. While Shu still had the 2nd one she had to think of a plan of action she only thought of saving Shu not the world at first and if you are parent you would understand her feelings. If you stop and think her choices throughout the entire series were limited to begin with. She never wanted Shu to have the Genome in the first place because of the corruption and curse of the King he would have been used by her brother. She went as far as she could go to save Shu with very little options. To her loosing his arm vs becoming what Gai is now was a better deal. She used her brother and Gai to remove 2nd Genome and planned on giving the 3rd one to someone else but Shu decided to carry the burden anyway.

Viewers need to look deeper into the meaning of things in this series. Somethings dont need to be said and also human emotions and how flawed humans are plays a huge role in this series. Hating Haruka for her choices is understandable but one must stop and think about why these choice were made. What she did was not pointless because its actually bought Shu to this point where is not scared, he will not run away and he has bettered himself through all the pain and loss he is now standing on his own 2 feet and not being supported by everyone alone. Shu is now the one to support others the fate of the world can not be broken down into finger pointing contest.
I agree with you, but I am a bit confused with the arm theory that Shu had to lose it to draw out his void. Are you saying that the lost arm is a mean to stepping up his strength and bear the 3th genome, but it could be any other meaningful thing? or it had to be that arm? As I see it is more that his void is his arm just because he lost it.

Talking about Haruka, probably I misunderstood, but she tried to kill Mana first and when his brother told her that Mana has never been there then she stole the genome. As her plan A was to eliminate her daughter, as this would have ended Koudou's plans, and her plan B was to stole the genome, knowing that at 99% Shu had used it.

On the other end so far Shu has always been the chosen one to be the king. Or this is what I thought, and so I believe that even now. If we count how easily Haruka stole the genome (aka, his brother let her steal it) we could say that things are going as planned as always. But I had expected more consciousness from Haruka on this point.

Last thing. Ok, the OP ends in that way, so until the end I'm expecting Shu dying, even if I really hope it is a red herring. And more, looking at the quite Inori lying in the grass, I always get the feeling that her host is changed .. but again, I hope that they will not take that route.

Because I want a happy f****g ending with Inori, Ayase and Shu alive on that shore. (Mana too would be asking for to much).

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.

Last edited by Arya; 2012-03-02 at 17:02.