View Single Post
Old 2006-06-15, 11:19   Link #224
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

After watching the episode, I'd have to say that there was another emphasis this episode was focusing on, but was overshadowed by the impressive space battle, rather than accentuated by it - Haruhi and Kyon's trust within each other.

Even though Itsuki only touched on the subject briefly, it was evident in the whole "space battle" sequence, and also in the episode's resolution. During the whole game, both Haruhi and Kyon were really into the game with the way, they were reacting and everything (replaying 15:46 to 15:51 several times just to hear Haruhi say "watashi ga hakenishiteruwa yo" in a slightly pissed manner was worth it!) as well as treating the game, both seemed to share a mutual enjoyment to what they were "experiencing", be it the game or the space battle they might have thought up for themselves. Whether or not it's apparent, there really is an apparent mutual link betwen the two now, even if Kyon might (and will) fervently deny it.

Also, Haruhi letting Yuki decide for herself due to Kyon's intervention makes me believe that she allowed such a thing not only because Kyon told her to do so, but because she trusts in his decision-making.

Keeping these two things in mind, as well as the upcoming Haruhi no Yuutsu episodes, I definitely can't wait to see the emphasis on the growing connection between Haruhi and Kyon to gradually lead to the bond that they share that was shown in this episode.