View Single Post
Old 2009-08-13, 03:27   Link #327
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I'm not sure what the argument is this time, but here's something from me.

It doesn't matter what kind of sword you're using, as long as its a sword and its your main weapon, you are a swordsman. The word 'katana', just means 'sword' in Japanese. You can use Japanese Katanas, claymores, rapiers, sabers etc, as long as you're trained in the sword and is your main weapon, you are a swordsman.

Yes, its true the story doesn't say that Shanks can only use swords and have no idea how to fight otherwise. But using his sword, Shanks was a swordsman rival to Mihawk. And as a swordsman, he used to fight equally with Mihawk.

Why does Mihawk have the title of 'World's Strongest Swordsman'? Because no one else is able to claim that title from him, its that simple.

Even in real life, in any international tournament or competition, the winner will hold the title. Someone else who didn't compete can be stronger, but no one knows that, because he didn't challenge the champion. The champ still holds the world's strongest title.

Mihawk has no interest in fighting Shanks, their rivalry is of the past, Mihawk still holds his title as no one can snatch it from him. But we will never know who is stronger as long as they don't fight.

On Zoro's 'killing intention' and swordsmanship with Haki.

In case people don't know, 'killing intention' is called 'Sakki', yes, the same 'Ki' as in 'Haki'.

Sakki is the murderous killing intention you feel from someone who's out to kill. Anyone can hold a sword, but not everyone can be as deadly with a sword. A truly powerful swordsman will be so skilled with a sword that you feel that you're dead just by looking at him, that is Sakki.

When Zoro uses Asura, he is gathering all his killing intention into a single attack, at this moment his opponents feel so much fear from him that they see an illusion of Asura in Zoro, the demon with multiple heads and limbs. Zoro's attack is deadly enough to generate such a response and is also able to create the same destructive force. Or you can say that its exactly because the attack is able to cause damage like the demon Asura, that people can see the form of Asura in Zoro before they even receive it.

Haki like Sakki, the word 'Ki' in this sense means intention, 'killing intention' for Sakki and 'Intention to dominate' for Haki. Haki simply means the dominating spirit or ambition one has, to overcome and defeat his opponents. The fact that Mihawk fought to become the 'World's Strongest Swordsman', mean that he had such an ambition, Haki, to allow himself to attain such power and the title itself. People fear him just knowing his name, because he had attained that title and made a name for himself with his power. The power that one has is his Haki.

Does wielding a sword have nothing to do with Haki? Of course it has alot to do with it, especially for those who want to defeat all other swordsmen, that ambition is Haki itself. Because a swordsman has such an ambition, Haki, he doesn't give up in battle until he dominates all others.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/