View Single Post
Old 2009-08-13, 09:13   Link #333
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Yes, you do not need a specific object to 'channel' your Ki, but you can still put your Ki into doing something. I must remind people that the word 'Ki' describes mood, intention, will, emotion and spirit.

Refer to those words and you can understand how Ki works.

Take Ussop for example, he lacks courage, 'Yuuki' in Japanese. He did not have Yuuki when he fought Perona, but when he put on Sogeking's mask, he got a moment of Yuuki, he gained courage and confidence from the mask. It stuck to him for a while until he realised Perona's ability and her real body, he now has Yuuki even without the mask.

If you wield a powerful weapon or ability, you may feel a strong Haki or Sakki with it. But ultimately, the Haki or Sakki comes from the person himself. You can say the weapon or ability creates a 'Ki' connection between the itself and the user. And the connection works both ways, the weapon or ability makes you intimidating, or you can say that you wielding the weapon or ability in an intimidating way.

It doesn't matter what weapon or ability it is, a sword or Devil Fruit ability, everything makes up the Ki of a person. This includes the person's reputation, looks, character and personality.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/