View Single Post
Old 2013-01-27, 02:54   Link #11838
telamont

All this talk about whether Medaka is a horrible character or not... Aren't you guys making it way more complicated than it should be?

As long as we're talking about what each of us believe to be "the majority"...

Then, "the majority" of Medaka's most vocal haters also seem to be vocal Zenkichi fans, ergo...

Except for a rare few instances, Medaka always "tops" Zenkichi, taking away his spotlight, trivializing his accomplishments, and relegating him to the status of her sidekick or, in Zenkichi's own words, her "faithful pitbull." To add insult to injury, Zenkichi's life pretty much revolves around Medaka, but Medaka's life does NOT revolve around Zenkichi.

She does not treat your hero, the guy you're projecting on to and rooting for, with the deference, respect and appreciation you feel he deserves. Therefore, you hate her.

Every "negative" of hers is magnified in your mind. Character development and positive traits are easily dismissed. And you're as vocal about dissing her as you are about defending Zenkichi's honor or praising his accomplishments.

Which is fine, I guess. Loud people will be loud. And Zenkichi does seem to attract the more vocal fans. But let's be honest here. For "the majority" of you, you hate her because she's taking up what you feel is Zenkichi's rightful place. That's the fundamental cause. The rest is just rationalization and confirmation bias. And IN NO WAY am I insinuating or trying to pass off my "observations" as "objective fact."

Last edited by telamont; 2013-01-27 at 03:17.
telamont is offline   Reply With Quote