View Single Post
Old 2009-09-16, 04:23   Link #1030
ImaOtotsuiAsatte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornadium View Post
The majority of the anime community views Endless Eight as a joke. Even the Publisher has stated they don't expect it to sell.

I'm speaking from a community wide perspective, not a personal perspective. I loved Endless Eight but regardless of that fact it is always going to be somthing negative which is associated with the series.
The ratings peaked around episode 5. That suggests the general public did NOT turn away in droves and think that it's a giant disaster. That's not a colossal success, but it's not an absolute train-wreck. The fanboys who dislike it are the vocal minority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Wow.

Simply wow.

How can you be so certain that all of the source material is going to be adapted?

We're talking about an animation studio that took three years to produce any new episodes for what was a phenomenally well-received anime that took the anime world by storm. If you compare Haruhi to somewhat similarly well-received anime (Code Geass, Nanoha, Shakugan no Shana, etc...), Haruhi stands out as a prominent anime that took an unusually long period of time to produce any new episodes after the conclusion of the original run.

That, in and of itself, is enough to question KyoAni's ability, desire, and willingness to animate all of the source material. I think that there's a very good chance that one of the costs of E8 is that at least some of the Haruhi source material may never receive the animation treatment.
Or it could be because they want to do Haruhi RIGHT and not churn them out at a thousand miles per hour. It's obvious why Endless Eight was done. Before they properly moved onto the next set of material, they wanted to fill in the gaps left in S1, chronologically. But Bamboo, two Endless Eights and five Sighs wouldn't be enough; so they made more Endless Eights so they could still have 14 to fill the gaps, without going into Disappearance and post-Disappearance material until they were 100% ready. Now whether this WILL result in less Haruhi material being animated, there's no way of knowing, but I haven't seen a single thing that suggests Kyo-Ani don't want to, quite the opposite.