View Single Post
Old 2004-12-14, 17:35   Link #271
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgogeta4
That's BS, Buster and Duel might be old but they have PHASE SHIFT, I mean look at Destiny first few eps with Athrun fighting in a Zaku. He was wrecked by that single blast from the new Gundam (his shield was pretty useless). Phase shift technology is still not standard issue, so it still is better than the standard MS. Plus they can always modify their Gundam, ie Duel had an upgraded suit in the end of SEED until it was destroyed by the guy with the scythe, but that can be remade. Freedom Gundam is still the best though, it's the only one with a nuclear reactor (ie. unlimited power), cuz even Shin's MS runs outta power, so his phase shift is gone and his suit is just as good as any normal MS. Though I don't think we'll see Freedom until something major happens to Orb, b/c he knew the war was coming and did not want to pick a side (EA vs ZAFT), but if Orb were attacked, he would bring out the gundam to defend his home country.

Oh and about the mobile armors vs MS vs gundams, I think the most important factor is the pilot, I mean if Athrun is a good pilot, he can kick ass in a gundam or a MS. Same with Neo, he's just a good pilot. Doubt its Mwu since if his helmet is floating in space... how the f*** can he breathe without it? Like even if he did miraculously survive the blast (even though we see the cockpit start to disintegrate)... I doubt he's alive.
Phase Shift armor has zero effect against beam weapons, so PS armor is not much more than a flashy expensive ornament when all those suits are using beam weapons. Even if Athrun is piloting a MS with PS armor, he'll still get wrecked from that beam shot.

And MS specs are not directly related to power source type or those fancy gadgets like PS armor and big guns and things. It's about speed, manuverability, normal armor plating, etc. etc. You can easily hook up a big gun to your MS, but you can't improve its manuverability easily without some major redesign. Remember The O? Remember Epyon? Do they have flashy big guns or fancy gadgets? The O only has some standard issue beam rifle and beam saber, while Epyon has no ranged weapon, but they are practically invincible MS because of high speed and manuverability.

Spec-wise Zakus can dance circles around Buster and Duel, Phase Shift and big flashy guns don't mean anything if the enemy can easily get to your back and shoot you with a standard beam rifle. Remember the Mwu vs. Krueze, Launcher Strike vs. GuAIZ fight? GuAIZ is so fast and agile that Launch Strike can't keep up with it, and PS armor is easily torn apart by the beam claws.

And it's the official word that Zakus are far superior than first-gen GAT-X spec-wise, and I guess lacking PS armor isn't that much of a concern when everyone has a beam rifle. So if you think otherwise, complain to Sunrise
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote