View Single Post
Old 2004-12-14, 20:48   Link #279
BigFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrock
I don't think the Stampeder is -that- powerful a weapon, in that sense. It's definitely not a mini-GENESIS by any standard (different technology, different operation, different purpose). I doubt it's as well armoured as GENESIS was too.

PLANT seemed to acknowledge this - they commented that now that the EA knows about the Stampeder, its effectiveness has been diminished. That leads me to presume that it's vulnerable - maybe all they need is to knock out the bulky (and fragile-looking) quantum Fresnel to nullify the Stampeder (if it works like I assume) - it won't take much to send in the conventional fleet with Windams to take on the ships with the Stampeder/Fresnel, then bring in the big nukes after those have been taken out.

It's a possibility.
Stampeder appears to be an inverse of N-Jammer. N-Jammer prohibits proper neutron chain reaction, which stops nuclear reaction. The Stampeder as the name implied causes uncontrollable nuclear chain reaction. It's a perfect defensive weapon against nuclear weapon. However, each instance of Stampeder appears to be a one use only, and will have to be replace. Furthermore, once Blue Cosmos figure out what's happenning, they'll not be attacking PLANT from strictly one direction.
BigFire is offline   Reply With Quote