View Single Post
Old 2012-10-28, 15:43   Link #130
Repelsteeltju
DRRR!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
Couldn't agree more. Though to be fair, this happens with virtually every adaptation, you're always gonna have some people who'd whine at every little detail that's not the same as the original material. It's as if they don't understand how adaptation works, different medium, diff. market, stuff are going to get changed, deal with it.

That said, the ones in this forum is more obnoxious than most, I've almost given up on checking these threads because inevitably they always devolve into complaints about the anime didn't show so and so giving a blowjob to this dude and whatnot.

as if they can show that on a friggin over the air broadcast
Haven't really been following this line of discussion so perhaps I should just mind my own buisiness but I, for one, don't dislike being briefed on the differences between source material and adaptations on forums. Sure, adapations like these should be able to entertain on their own and the visual medium, that is anime, often requires a different approach to some things than say; a novel. However it's silly to say that we shouldn't base our expectations of an adaptation on the work that is based on. It existes, even that tiny scrap of information gives form the expectations we hold this show to.

As things stand now; I, as a someone who hasn't read the novel, think that Saki has rejected her programming and considers the life she has lived up until now a lie, a façade, something to that needs to be escaped or at the very least altered. That's what the aborted sexscene implied and if the novel did something different there, it's something that must be adressed if the anime is to continue to use the book's plot. To summarize: deviations in adaptations equals good stuff for us to speculate on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Was there a reason for the change in directors and more importantly will we see them again?
For obvious reasons it's not uncommon for multiple directors (and [key]animators and writers and so on and so forth) to work on the same series. Judging from the preview it looks like we'll be going back to the style of the last four episodes next week, but there's really no reason to assume this style won't make a comback for the more action-y, stress-y episodes. Other than... you know... the reasons given by Dark Wing and Warm Mist.