View Single Post
Old 2008-06-05, 16:30   Link #1089
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynor View Post
Slightly off-topic, but dealing with figurines... does anyone have any tips for finding an anime store in the states (either a good online retailer with a lot of random merch and figurines that maybe wont be as much shipping wise; or a brick and mortar) that will order figurines and such? I've tried about every comic shop I know of near me, and though they do carry a small selection of anime stuff, it's generally VERY small (and they even downsized recently >_<) with very few figurines, the bulk of which are like Final Fantasy ones and more action-ish figures (NOT Figma though, I mean like the US action figures) from like Bleach or something. Plus, about the only thing they'll order is books... and even then it is a pain sometimes, as they've lost my order, and lost my name on recurring subscription lists like Megami, several times.
Instead of Comic Store, go to China Town or Chinese Malls. In Canada there will always be a Anime Store in China Town or Asian Mall. They usually can get all the new release item within month of release in Japan. I compared prices on some figures, it is actually cheaper for me to go to the store than ordering online

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow_star View Post
I don't know about US, but in Canada, we have Sakura Media
http://www.sakuramedia.com

They have two stores near my home but the price and the selection isn't really good tho. HLJ is still better for me even after shipping.

BTW, I got another box from HLJ today!!!! Will take some pic later. XD
Richmond BC eh? I am Calgary, I thought BC Area would have better deals.
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote