View Single Post
Old 2007-11-19, 15:47   Link #77
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
I am not a fansubber, but then all the xvid releases that are made at the moment are just for fun? Why mass distribute in the first place? Or did they just sub it and thought oh and let's buy bandwidth to distribute it just for the epic lulz?
They distribute in multiple formats because they can, and because having resources to do so isn't a question anymore. You only need a seeder to release in two formats.
Quote:
My point is that it's too early to switch to H.264 releases only.
A few groups and releases have already been mentioned in this thread that do H.264 releases only. And as I remember one of the internal talks we had with F-B before switching to H.264 only, we were pretty firm on saving bandwidth and sacrificing those download numbers. We're not a first tier group, but people who appreciate the quality we like to bring out download our releases.
If every fansubber targetted "large audiences", we'd only have speedsubbers, since that's where the masses lie, but not quality, I'm afraid. Everyone can release a simple script with minimum editing, QC and typesetting, and that only takes 5 hours tops for a single episode.

Since I am not seeing that to be the case, and because I am a fansubber, and I know how my buddies think, and you're just a troll, I will assume otherwise, if that's OK with you.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote