View Single Post
Old 2008-03-16, 22:21   Link #978
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirificus View Post
You don't need an equation. Ark was using the numbers as an example. However, a useful hypothesis must be able to make testable predictions.
Since you put it that way, the hypothesis is useless and untestable since the only way to do test is if we have a mage wearing a barrier jacket and we either:
  1. launch various projectiles of equal mass at different speeds at the mage and see what happens.
  2. launch said mage into a wall at different speed (perferred method of testing since one less variable)
Then see how much damage the mage suffers with each impact.

* tshouryuu drools at the silly thought of launching Fate at a wall, in her barrier jacket then strip her to make a complete medical check to see how much damage she suffers. *
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirificus View Post
As an adjunct to that, in principle, what observation could show your theory to be false? The mechanics of the hypothesis as stated are such that I can't think of one.
To show my hypothesis is false, all I need is for one screen shot that shows a mage impacting against a wall or something with a visible barrier/field activated behind the mage, since mages slamming into buildings/walls at great speed without visible barriers/fields activated makes up half of my observations.